|Providing superior customer service, the cashier processes customer orders in an efficient, accurate, safe and courteous manner and stocks general areas around the restaurant.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Focusing on providing fast and friendly customer service.
- Accurately processing cash register transactions, inputting product costs, giving back change, processing checks, debit and credit cards, EBTs, refunds, product coupons and gift certificates.
- Understanding the importance of and monitoring product pricing and signage.
- Keeping clean, neat, and orderly work areas.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This job description is subject to change at any time
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Learn to use check stand register, and debit/credit terminals.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, checks, shelf signage, register forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to use necessary equipment.
- Openly and professionally communicate through body language, facial expressions and speech.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- As a cashier lift up to 30 lbs and maneuver 50 lbs.
- Work in walk-in coolers and/or freezers.
QUALITIES FOR SUCCESS:
- A natural desire to greet, engage with and sincerely thank the customer.
- An outstanding work ethic and a desire to constantly improve one’s work performance.
- Ability to work well with others, helping to support each team member’s effort to succeed.
- Ability to be flexible, adapting to new jobs, schedules, team members, programs, policies and procedures.
- Ability to think through one’s decisions, solving problems and coming up with solutions.